Zesty Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper and salt. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops on both sides. Transfer to an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and olives. Sprinkle with garlic, basil and oregano.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 251 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 20, 2014
This is a good recipe and it is a good way to fire up your Metabolism. Make your own sauce with Jalapenos, lemon, and whatever you want.
Apr 15, 2013
I would make this recipe again, but I listened to all of the people before.... I made my own puree if you will to put on the pork.. I took a couple of tablespoons of jalapeno and put them in my food processor with tons of minced garlic. combined it with the olives and green onions. then poured over chops and mushrooms
Apr 2, 2013
This was good with a little amped up volume! I tried some jalapeno with chix broth and white wine for a sauce.
Mar 11, 2013
I added a couple minced garlic cloves which made a difference in adding to flavor but we are garlic lovers.
Feb 14, 2012
Very tasty and healthy especially for diabetics and the rest of us too. I used Italian Seasoning and Basil and did add more than 1/4 teaspoon.
Feb 20, 2011
Although it is healthy, not too zesty. Needs more onion, or maybe not green, and definitely more spices than 1/4 tsp. Hubby thought it was tasteless. Would make again but increase flavorings.
Jan 31, 2010
There were very good!! I only made it for two.
Jul 16, 2009
Sounds so good.