Zesty Party Snack Mix
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 4 cups cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and crackers. Spread onto two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- 2. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the cereal mixture and toss to coat. Bake 225° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Store in airtight containers.
3/4 cup: 250 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 2, 2015
Fabulous! This is the third year in a row that I am making this recipe.
Dec 31, 1969
I've made a similar mix for years and I make it in the microwave. Bake 2 minutes at a time, stirring thoroughly. Mine usually takes 6 to 8 minutes to make a batch. When the mix looks dry, it's done. I pour out on a big towel and let it cool. This is the only way to cook it, in my estimation.
Oct 31, 2013
I increase the oven temperature to 3oo degrees and stir every 15 mins. , by doing this you can cut the baking time down to 1 hr. ( cutting off 1 1/2 hr) It helps a lot , since the length of cooking time was a factor for some trying this recipe. I also used my extra large METAL bread bowl which saved spreading the mix out on cookie sheets. I just put the whole bowl full in the oven and stirred it in there! Much easier to stir too.
Dec 16, 2012
This is a big hit w/ the guys at Christmas. I've been making it for for 3 or 4 years now. I just wonder if there is a shortcut, so I don't have to have the oven on for 2 1/2 hours. That is the ONLY downfall for making this mix. Any suggestions??
Oct 28, 2010
I kept everything the same except I used oyster crackers for the cheerios. Very quick to mix up and was a big hit with the teens.