Zesty Mustard Chicken
Whether you're grilling a broiler chicken or chicken breasts, consider this lip-smacking glaze. There are only four ingredients in the honey-mustard sauce, so you can whip it up in minutes.—Michael Everidge, Morristown, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut in half
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken; spoon some of the mustard sauce under the skin.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken skin side up over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining mustard sauce. Remove chicken skin; cut into serving-size pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 261 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Jul 7, 2009
I would like to know why this same exact recipe is listed as being from the Backyard Magazine and there they list it as 347 calories and 15 grams fat. So which is it? The ingredients are exactly the same