- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and dried oregano
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg white and milk. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Dip each chicken breast in the egg white mixture, then in the crumb mixture. Melt butter in a skillet; brown chicken on both sides until no longer pink and juices run clear. Meanwhile, heat tomato sauce and basil until warm. When chicken is done, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Remove from the heat and cover for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with tomato-basil sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forZesty Mozzarella Chicken
"I thought the tomato-basil sauce was bland and would suggest more seasoning."
"The tomato-basil sauce is very bitter - I would recommend using either a pre-made seasoned tomato sauce or adding sugar to the sauce."