Zesty Mexican Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, green pepper, garlic, lime juice, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup tomato mixture : 256 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Dec 1, 2013
This is good tasting and easy to prepare. It is now a staple in our house.
Aug 23, 2010
This recipe is easy. You can make the sauce part ahead of time and then in the morning put the chicken in the crock pot, pour the sauce over top and dinner will be ready when you get home. Great flavor, too. Also when I cook my rice I added chicken broth and chopped corriander.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.