A hint of lime juice helps tame the heat in this zesty, tender chicken with crunchy vegetables. And because it’s all prepared in the slow cooker, you and your kitchen will stay cool, too! Michelle Sheldon - Middletown, DE
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, green pepper, garlic, lime juice, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Mexican Chicken in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p55
Reviews forZesty Mexican Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2013
"This is good tasting and easy to prepare. It is now a staple in our house."
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2010