- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) chili macaroni dinner mix*
- Salsa con queso dip*
- In a saucepan, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in water, beans, tomatoes, corn and chilies if desired. Stir in mustard, salt, pepper and contents of macaroni sauce mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in contents of macaroni packet. Cover and simmer 10-14 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender, stirring once. Serve with salsa con queso dip. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forZesty Macaroni Soup
"We found this pretty tasty. I served mine with the salsa con queso dip which added freshness and good flavor it."
"This was very easy and very filling, but like the other reviewer said, not very interesting. I was expecting more zip or zest. I will make again though because my family really enjoyed it and it was the perfect end to a busy fall day."
"Not our favorite. It was edible but not very interesting."