Zesty Low-Fat Potato Salad
I adjusted the original recipe for this cold, creamy salad to better suit my tastes. The cilantro comes through nicely...while green chilies and chili powder add a little kick and a hint of color. —Raquel Haggard of Edmond, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or just until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 162 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Originally published as Zesty Potato Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.