Zesty Low-Fat Potato Salad
I adjusted the original recipe for this cold, creamy salad to better suit my tastes. The cilantro comes through nicely...while green chilies and chili powder add a little kick and a hint of color. —Raquel Haggard of Edmond, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or just until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.