Zesty Lemon Turkey with Pasta
Here's a main dish recipe you'll want to keep handy year-round. It's elegant enough for Christmas get-togethers but easy enough for any weeknight. —Stephanie Decker, Happy Valley, OR
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked wide egg noodles
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey, onion and red pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in spinach, garlic and seasonings; cook 1-2 minutes longer. In a small bowl, combine broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and, if desired, soy sauce; pour over turkey mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles.
Originally published as Zesty Lemon Cream Turkey in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016