Zesty Lemon Turkey with Pasta
Here's a main dish recipe you'll want to keep handy year-round. It's elegant enough for Christmas get-togethers but easy enough for any weeknight. —Stephanie Decker, Happy Valley, OR
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked wide egg noodles
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey, onion and red pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in spinach, garlic and seasonings; cook 1-2 minutes longer. In a small bowl, combine broth, lemon peel, lemon juice, sugar and, if desired, soy sauce; pour over turkey mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles.
Originally published as Zesty Lemon Cream Turkey in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.