Zesty Lemon Broccoli
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the butter, lemon zest, juice, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Add broccoli and pine nuts; toss to coat.
3/4 cup: 97 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 15, 2017
We were trying to cut back on calories, so tried this recipe. I'll use half the lemon zest next time and increase the lemon juice.
Jan 14, 2013
I didn't have pine nuts so I substituted sunflower seeds. I love the fresh taste of the lemon. It was a fresh compliment to our Salmon main dish
Nov 5, 2012
Used a bag of frozen veggies (broccoli, carrots, peppers and water chestnuts) and nuked it according to the package directions, then tossed it with the other ingredients... Except for the pine nuts since we don't really like them, and one of my kids has a big aversion to nuts in general. Overall, loved the combination of butter, lemon, garlic and dijon... I bet it would be good on most veggies:)
Feb 19, 2012
One of the best vegetable side dishes we've ever made! We used extra pine nuts. Steamed florets in our Oster Food Steamer for 10 minutes.