- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mixes, cilantro, lime peel and cumin. Whisk eggs and buttermilk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cream cheese, jalapenos and onions.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forZesty Jalapeno Corn Muffins
"Just made these to serve with my Mexican themed dinner for tonight and I ate 2 right out of the oven! So easy to make and the best jalape?o corn muffin I have ever had. Just spicy enough with the jalape?os and the smoky cumin flavor. Next time I might melt some cheddar or pepper jack cheese on top right at the end of baking. Delicious with butter! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!"