Zesty Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mixes, cilantro, lime zest and cumin. Whisk eggs and buttermilk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cream cheese, jalapenos and onions.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 217 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 7, 2019
YUM ~ these are good! Made a couple of adjustments based on what I had on hand. I substituted chopped fresh parsley for the cilantro and used half
Sep 5, 2017
Just made these to serve with my Mexican themed dinner for tonight and I ate 2 right out of the oven! So easy to make and the best jalape?o corn muffin I have ever had. Just spicy enough with the jalape?os and the smoky cumin flavor. Next time I might melt some cheddar or pepper jack cheese on top right at the end of baking. Delicious with butter! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!