Zesty Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mixes, cilantro, lime zest and cumin. Whisk eggs and buttermilk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cream cheese, jalapenos and onions.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 217 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 5, 2017
Just made these to serve with my Mexican themed dinner for tonight and I ate 2 right out of the oven! So easy to make and the best jalape?o corn muffin I have ever had. Just spicy enough with the jalape?os and the smoky cumin flavor. Next time I might melt some cheddar or pepper jack cheese on top right at the end of baking. Delicious with butter! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!