Zesty Greek Salad
“Feta cheese and olives give this salad such great flavor, you’d never guess it’s as light as it is,” declares Angela Leinenbach of Mechanicsville, Virginia. “It’s a nice change of pace and goes with all kinds of main dishes.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- 4 cucumber slices, halved
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1 red onion slice, quartered
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radishes, onion, olives and feta cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 89 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Zesty Greek Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.