Zesty Garden Salad
A jar of pickled pepper rings and a can of sliced ripe olives put a tasty and convenient spin on traditional salad fixing. This salad is frequently on the menu, because there is so little chopping involved and it goes with almost any main dish.—Nicole Harris, Mt. Union, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, olives, tomato, cheese and pepper rings. Just before serving. drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 193 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Garden Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.