Zesty Crouton Salad Recipe
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups salad croutons
- 4 pieces string cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 158 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Crouton Salad
"My husband and I are watching calories and carbs. This is a tasty and filling salad. I added some diced cucumbers and chopped sweet red onion. Very Good."
"Everyone raved over it! Every time I make it, there is nothing left. Great for picnics and bbqs. Just make sure you wait to add the croutons until you are just about to serve it."
"Enjoyed this!easy and guick to make,had everything on hand but the red wine vinegar so i used balsamic,had some left over so i'm going to bring for my lunch today!"
"This is my recipe... Just wanted to say I use chunky salad croutons, not those tiny little square ones... Texas Toast brand croutons are the best!"
"I will try this w/homemade crouton's. looks so refreshing too."
"Wonderful!! This was SO good. It comes together in a snap and the fresh basil just makes it outstanding. I absolutely loved it."