Zesty Corn Dip
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) white corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, cayenne and cumin until smooth. Stir in the corn, tomatoes and cheese.
- Transfer to an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off top of bread. Carefully hollow out loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread and bread top. Cool dip for 2-3 minutes; spoon into bread shell. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve warm with bread cubes.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 193 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 26, 2015
I used the lowest amount of spices and it was perfect. Everyone enjoyed and asked me for the recipe.
Aug 24, 2014
Used frozen corn instead of canned and 1 t. of each cayenne and cumin. Also, stirred about 1 T. minced cilantro into dip after cooking. Served with tortilla chips. We loved it!
Jun 22, 2014
I have made this dip for many parties and everyone always asks for the recipe! I use only one can of corn and substitute a can of beans (usually cannellini beans) for the second can of corn.