Zesty Corn Custard
My mother handed this recipe down to me— I don't know what else I can say about it except that it's wonderful!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups homemade cream-style corn (see recipe above)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix thoroughly. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish or 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Set in a shallow pan of hot water. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until set.
Originally published as Zesty Corn Custard in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook