Zesty Corn Chowder
This chowder needs no simmering—it goes from stovetop to table in just minutes. So it's perfect when time is short and your family is hungry.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6-8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, soups and broth. Add the chicken, corn, chilies and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 270 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1148mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Corn Chowder in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.