Zesty Corn Chowder
This chowder needs no simmering—it goes from stovetop to table in just minutes. So it's perfect when time is short and your family is hungry.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6-8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, soups and broth. Add the chicken, corn, chilies and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 270 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1148mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Corn Chowder in Country Chicken Cookbook