Zesty Chicken Recipe
Halved chicken is a perfect choice for winter grilling. Cooked over indirect heat, it virtually eliminates grill flare-ups. This version from Micheal Everidge of Morristown, Tennessee features a tangy four-ingredient mustard sauce you can whip up in minutes.
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut in half
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, seasoning blend and Worcestershire sauce. Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken; spoon some of the mustard mixture under the skin.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken skin side up over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-30 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with remaining mustard mixture.
- 3. Cover chicken and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into serving-size pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 347 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Chicken
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC