Zesty Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 5 to 6 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into strips
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half the tortilla strips, half the chicken and half the chilies. In a large bowl, combine the soups and sour cream; spread half over the chicken. Top with half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Dec 21, 2017
Best chicken enchilada recipe. I use it all the time. Very moist & tastes delicious!
Sep 4, 2009
Very good. We pass around a bottle of habanero sauce for added kick. Just the right amount of creaminess. The added cumin was a great suggestion also.
Jan 26, 2009
I used to make this years ago when the kids were small. For younger children to like something like this really says something!! Its an interesting bunch of ingredients and we all found it very delicious!! Still making it after all these years!!
Apr 11, 2008
I added 1/4 tsp of Cumin to this recipe and OOH LA LA.E.F. Ionia Iowa
Jan 6, 2008
Yes, I have made this in my crockpot and it's soo delicious. Thanks for reminding me about the recipe, I forgot it.Liz
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.