Zesty Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain well. In a large serving bowl, combine the cheese, chicken, peppers, mushrooms, olives, green onions, pepperoni and pasta.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Toss before serving.
1 cup: 300 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Jul 18, 2015
Great pasta salad! I made this for a potluck barbecue at work. I left out the mushrooms because I don't like them. Also, because I prepared this the night before; I made double the amount of dressing and put half on as directed. I saved the remaining dressing and stirred it in right before serving. This worked out really good as the pasta always seems to soak up the dressing as it sits.
Sep 15, 2014
DELICIOUS! This will become my "go to" recipe for potlucks and BBQ. It would taste great without chicken, too. The only change I made was to add cherry tomatoes and left the mushrooms out, but it's a flexible recipe as far as ingredients are concerned. Cook the pasta al dente. Tastes just as good the next day.
Jun 8, 2014
This is SUPER good, I made it to take to a potluck an people were asking for the recipe. I used turkey pepperoni and left out the chicken. It is SO good!
May 29, 2014
This was delicious! Of course, my vegetable supply was low, so I substituted a few things. I used jalapeno, instead of sweet peppers, and used gouda in place of mozzarella! This is a great base for just about any tipe of vegetable you like!
Mar 29, 2013
This was very good! I cut the recipe down for one meal. I forgot the mushrooms but it was still good.
Aug 27, 2010
Delicious!!! Disappears quickly!!!
May 26, 2010
good with fresh mozzarella chunks
Feb 7, 2010
My husband made this for a family outing and it was a big hit. Quick and easy to make and it tastes so good. We put cubed ham in and 1/2 the amount of chicken. Great for a summer potlock and great leftovers too!
Dec 31, 1969
you can also add some additional cubed cheese choices such as cheddar and even sliced and drained water chestnuts for crunch!
Dec 31, 1969
This is wonderful! We had it at a party and EVERYONE loved it!