Zesty Chicken Marinara Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 to 14 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the marinara sauce, tomato, Italian salad dressing, Italian seasoning and garlic; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve chicken and sauce with pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 730 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 929mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 69g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Chicken Marinara
"Solid crock pot recipe, reminiscent of chicken parmasan."
"I made this for my friends & they loved it! I didn't use a slow cooker though. I doubled the recipe & stuffed the chicken breasts with mozzarella cheeze, breaded & baked them. I can't believe how easy it was. I also made the sauce with ground beef, green peppers & onions for spaghetti. that was also fantastic!"
"Delicious and simple"
"My whole fam loved this--I added fresh mushrooms a little more than half way through and used 1/2 can italian tomatoes in place of a fresh one. Would definitely make again--"
"Delicious! This goes together quickly and is very tasty."
"I thought this was pretty good-- it was certainly easy to make-- but what makes this a fabulous recipe in MY book, is that my finicky son loved it, and even happily ate leftovers the next day!"
"This is a delicious reciipe, made a fullrecipe going to freeze some for later, whenI dont want to cook. thank you. cant readthe two square under this so dont know what you want to know, but I like this one. Even my two year old nephew like it. Glad to try a new recipe and it turnedout delicious. thanks again fr"