Zesty Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Fresh red currants, optional
- Place rice in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with the broccoli, onion, celery, parsley and salt. Arrange chicken over vegetables.
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, water, cheese sauce, salad dressing and milk. Cook and stir until cheese sauce is melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Garnish with red currants if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 508 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1739mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 14, 2009
My husband LOVED this recipe. It was so easy, but I would recommend maybe dividing the recipe into two portions because it really makes a lot.
Jan 25, 2009
My kids did like it. But they were unsure about the chicken. It was cooked but since it was steamed cooked..it was all white. Next time I am going to grill the chicken first..to give it a nice brown color to it.
Nov 15, 2008
This sounds yummy! Not to mention its easy to make.All the ingredients in it,we love & always have them on hand. Thanks for the great idea!