Zesty Cheeseburger Soup
A dear friend shared this recipe with me. Every time I serve it, I'm met with recipe requests. Even my son-in-law, who's a picky eater, can't get enough of this soup! - Norma Rowe, Winfield, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes14-16 servings (3-3/4 quarts)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add potatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add the corn, soups and tomatoes; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Stir in cream; heat through but do not boil.
To cut down on the spiciness of Zesty Cheeseburger Soup, use a 14-1/2 ounce can of plain diced tomatoes instead of diced tomatoes and green chilies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 226 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Cheeseburger Soup in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Oct 22, 2015
Best soup ever! I have added veggies to make a more complete meal: carrots, celery, mushrooms, zucchini. And substituted 1 pound of ground turkey for 1 pound of ground beef. Makes enough for a army, or a house full of teenagers.