Zesty Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) premium chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Crushed tortilla chips, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 316 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1435mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Cheese Soup
"Fantastic recipe! This had a wonderful heat to it that was pleasant to the pallate. Not very friendly for the heart, but a great comfort soup!"