"My husband and I are retired, but I still look for shortcut recipes like this one I received from a great-niece," writes Modie Phillips of Lubbock, Texas. "You'll likely have the majority of ingredients for this colorful soup in your pantry," Mary notes. "To save time, I start warming the canned ingredients on the stove while I cube the cheese."
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) premium chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Crushed tortilla chips, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Zesty Cheese Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p14
Reviews forZesty Cheese Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2012
"Fantastic recipe! This had a wonderful heat to it that was pleasant to the pallate. Not very friendly for the heart, but a great comfort soup!"