- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, washed and peeled
- 1/4 cup water, reserved from cooking carrots
- 2 tablespoons grated onion and juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Slice carrots 1/4 in. thick; cook in small amount of water for 5 minutes. Drain; reserve 1/4 cup water for sauce. Combine water, onion/juice, horseradish, mayonnaise, cheese, salt and pepper. Add carrots and spoon into buttered 2-qt. casserole. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over carrot mixture. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forZesty Carrots
"I have made these carrots quite a few times. Everyone loves them. They always ask me for the recipe."