Zesty Buttered Peas
I came up with this recipe one day when I wanted to add some "zip" to plain peas. This recipe did the trick! Everyone commented on the great flavor and festive color.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried savory
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the first four ingredients in butter until crisp-tender. Cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in salt if desired and pimientos.
3/4 cup: 74 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Feb 24, 2010
After making this recipe, I am enamored with savory (I used dried).
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC