I came up with this recipe one day when I wanted to add some "zip" to plain peas. This recipe did the trick! Everyone commented on the great flavor and festive color.
Recommended: 20 Cozy Winter Dump Dinners You Can Set and Go
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh savory or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan; add the next five ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pimientos. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Buttered Peas in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p41
Reviews forZesty Buttered Peas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2010
"After making this recipe, I am enamored with savory (I used dried)."