VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add the artichokes and saute for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, salt, pepper and pepper sauce; saute 3 minutes longer or until broccoli is tender. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with lemon juice and Parmesan. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Broccoli and Artichokes in Country February/March 2001, p49
Reviews forZesty Broccoli and Artichokes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2011
"This is great for a side dish; I tend to get in a rut with green beans, so this is a welcome variation."