- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add artichokes to the water; cook for 2 minutes. Drain.
- In a skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add the artichokes and saute for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; saute 3 minutes longer or until broccoli is tender. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forZesty Broccoli and Artichokes
"This is great for a side dish; I tend to get in a rut with green beans, so this is a welcome variation."