Zesty Beef Spread Appetizer
Green olives and dried beef are a flavorful combination in this spread. I really like the fact that I can make these logs in advance.—Rosa Martin, Bridgewater, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 cups
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onion or chives, optional
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced dried beef, chopped, divided
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until blended. Stir in 1 cup of beef. Shape into two logs, about 6 in. each. Press remaining beef onto each. Garnish with olives if desired. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 69 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Beef Spread in Taste of Home December/January 1998