Zesty Beef Brisket
I cook often for church functions. This tender, well-seasoned beef is really very little fuss to make for a crowd.—Al Latimer, Bentonville, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- Barbecue or horseradish sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Rub over brisket. Place in a greased roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with barbecue or horseradish sauce or cooking juices.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 185 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Originally published as Zesty Beef Brisket in Taste of Home October/November 2001