VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- Barbecue or horseradish sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Rub over brisket. Place in a greased roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with barbecue or horseradish sauce or cooking juices. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Beef Brisket in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p53
Reviews forZesty Beef Brisket
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2010
"Loved it! I just made this for a retirement luncheon for a co-worker. I doubled the recipe and there were no leftovers. Lots of compliments and very moist!"