Zero Puppy Chow
We made this puppy chow using round pretzel "Zeros" as a tribute to Jack's lovable canine ghost in The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup pretzel rings
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, combine Chex and pretzels; set aside.
- Place Nutella in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir in chili powder until well blended. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa in a large resealable plastic bag; add cereal mixture. Close bag and shake to coat. Spread onto waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 261 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Zero Puppy Chow in Ultimate Halloween Bookazine 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.