Zero Puppy Chow
We made this puppy chow using round pretzel "Zeros" as a tribute to Jack's lovable canine ghost in The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup pretzel rings
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, combine Chex and pretzels; set aside.
- Place Nutella in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir in chili powder until well blended. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa in a large resealable plastic bag; add cereal mixture. Close bag and shake to coat. Spread onto waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 261 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Zero Puppy Chow in Ultimate Halloween Bookazine 2014