Zebra Sweets Recipe
A horse-shaped cookie cutter is the key to these tasty treats made with marshmallow and crisp rice cereal. Melted vanilla and chocolate chips create the zebra's eye-catching stripes.
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 12 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup vanilla chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat marshmallows and butter until almost melted. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and mix well. Press firmly into a greased 15-in. x 10-in x. 1-in. baking pan. Cut with a horse-shaped cookie cutter. Remove cutouts to waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave or double boiler, melt vanilla chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening. Spread over cutouts. Let dry on waxed paper. Melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; place in a heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag; pipe mane, stripes, hooves, etc. on zebras. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 each: 405 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Zebra Sweets
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC