Yummy Zucchini Fritters
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes10 servings (3/4 cup sauce)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and egg substitute. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, taco seasoning and garlic salt. Dip zucchini in buttermilk mixture, then bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, ranch dressing and salsa. Serve with zucchini.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 67 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 27, 2017
Made these tonight with some of my garden zucchini. It was very good. Good alternative for people trying to stay away from fried! Taco seasonings and parmesan gave it a great flavor!
Nov 27, 2016
Although the taste is fine, this is not a fritter. It is simply fried zucchini, just like fried morel mushrooms, or zucchini blossoms, or green bean, etc. A fritter is a patty consisting of small bits of different foods using an egg as a binder.
Sep 3, 2014
Jul 27, 2014
Great flavor! Would, of course, be crispier if deep fried - but this is a fantastic alternative that had amazing flavor.
Jul 12, 2014
Made a batch of these and cooked on my Traeger grill. Absolutely awesome. My son and I ate them up before my husband even got to the table. Was short on time so used a bottle of prepared greek yogurt ranch dressing for dipping. Fantastic!
Apr 7, 2014
Seriously, I saw this recipe and thought how good could battered zucchini be? WOW. This was amazing. We loved it. the taco seasoning added a nice kick. I only wish I had more zucchini to make some more tonight. Yum!
Aug 29, 2013
easy to make on a warm day and dellicious
Jul 18, 2013
Delicious! My husband loves breaded pan-fried zucchini; this is a very healthy and very tasty alternative. I served it with the Garden Chicken Cacciatore recipe also on the Taste of Home website and we used the Zucchini Fritters in place of pasta that the recipe author recommended. It made for a filling yet healthy meal. Easy preparation, healthy, delicious: I added this to me recipe box!
Jul 16, 2013
I have a similar recipe. Re-dip in liquid and rebread. They are very crispy this way but a lot more calories!
Aug 20, 2012
Picked ANOTHER zucchini today, WHEW! lots and lots of them this year. anyways saw this baked zucchini recipe and tried it, it is a keeper for sure.