Yummy Yeast Rolls
I've won prizes in several baking contests with this recipe. Since my granddaughters enjoy the rolls, I usually have a pan or two in the freezer for them to take home with them after a visit.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-3/4 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. In a saucepan, heat soda and butter to 110°-115°. Add the warm soda mixture, eggs, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour to yeast mixture; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions. Divide each portion into nine pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Yummy Yeast Rolls in Country Woman March/April 2004
Jun 29, 2016
Dough will be sticky - can make smaller size than called for.
Nov 19, 2014
Dec 22, 2011
The best rolls I've ever made! I make them with my bread machine and they always turn out great!
Feb 24, 2010
Moist & freezes well!