Yummy Yeast Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-3/4 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. In a saucepan, heat soda and butter to 110°-115°. Add the warm soda mixture, eggs, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour to yeast mixture; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions. Divide each portion into nine pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 29, 2016
Dough will be sticky - can make smaller size than called for.
Nov 19, 2014
Dec 22, 2011
The best rolls I've ever made! I make them with my bread machine and they always turn out great!
Feb 24, 2010
Moist & freezes well!