Yummy S’more Snack Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 15 whole crackers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup light soy milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, soy milk, applesauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until marshmallows are softened. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 168 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 12, 2016
This is a family favorite. It is perfect for when you need you s'more fix and you can't cook one over a fire. Just don't expect it to have the crunch of a s'more. We also like that it is healthier than other s'more bars. Make sure you don't overcook the marshmallows!
Feb 25, 2016
Easy to make and a good alternative to the messy s'more.
Feb 22, 2012
thought it tasted like a sponge
Jan 27, 2012
It made a lot for just 2 of us, so I cooked it in my mini muffin pan. It made 48 little muffins. That allowed us 2 each. I only put topping on the 4 we were eating. The rest I froze to use later. To do the topping I just put 2 marshmallows and 2 choclate chips on each and broiled. It was a nice treat!
Aug 22, 2011
This cake was a huge hit with my husband and kids (and me too)! So easy to make! I substituted skim milk for soy milk, and I sprinkled the chocolate chips over the warm cake rather than melting & drizzling them. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written. It did take quite a bit longer to bake until a toothpick came out clean....22 minutes in my oven. Will make again for sure!
Sep 15, 2010
My kids loved this cake, Ive made it several tmes.
Mar 11, 2010
My family did not care for this recipe, I felt it was also dry and not much flavor.
Mar 8, 2010
I forgot to put the sugar in this. Everyone agreed that it wasn't missed. Since we are counting caloris and carbs, I also cut it into 24 pieces. This lowered it a lot. I had 2 small very ripe bananas and used them instead of the applesauce. I had trouble getting the chocolate chips to melt right.
Feb 28, 2010
We loved this dessert. It was best served warm. I did use skim milk since I didn't have soy milk on hand.
Feb 26, 2010