Yummy Pecan Bites
After experimenting with different recipes and ingredients, I came up with this simply delicious recipe that's reminiscent of the ever-popular Snickerdoodle.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Combine topping ingredients.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls, then roll in topping. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 177 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Yummy Pecan Bites in Best of Country Cookies