Yummy Chicken Fajitas
Fresh lime juice help you bring a taste of Mexico to your dinner table. These colorful fajitas have fresh flavors that appeal to everyone.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- eachguacamole dip
- Guacamole dip and sour cream or shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, salt if desired, oregano and cumin; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Lightly brush vegetables with remaining canola oil. Grill vegetables and chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the grill for 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 170°
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package directions. Quickly slice chicken and peppers into strips and separate onion slices into rings. Spoon chicken and vegetables down the center of tortillas; fold in sides. Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and/or cheese if desired.
Grilled Beef Fajitas: Prepare as directed, using 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak in place of the chicken. Grill over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).