Yummy Chicken Fajitas
Fresh lime juice help you bring a taste of Mexico to your dinner table. These colorful fajitas have fresh flavors that appeal to everyone.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- eachguacamole dip
- Guacamole dip and sour cream or shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, salt if desired, oregano and cumin; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Lightly brush vegetables with remaining canola oil. Grill vegetables and chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the grill for 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 170°
- Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package directions. Quickly slice chicken and peppers into strips and separate onion slices into rings. Spoon chicken and vegetables down the center of tortillas; fold in sides. Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and/or cheese if desired.
Grilled Beef Fajitas: Prepare as directed, using 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak in place of the chicken. Grill over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Nutrition Facts1 each: 282 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Fajitas in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition