Yummy Cheese Straws
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in cheese. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. square. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each half widthwise into 1/2-in. strips. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Place 1 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 19 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 24, 2009
There is NO way that this makes 48 straws. The calorie count of these is very deceiving. It did not even make half of that amount -- plus they broke when you tried to get them off the sheet.
Oct 10, 2008
These are great. They have a unique dense biscuit-y type texture. I added more cheese and some ground cayenne pepper too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.