Every time I prepare this yummy bread, I always receive raves. It’s perfect with coffee or as a gift, plus it’s really quick and easy to prepare. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Featured In: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, apricots and pecans. Spoon into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Apricot Pecan Bread in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p59
Reviews forYummy Apricot Pecan Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2010
"Very tasty, lots of texture. Took me longer to make than I expected."