Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package white or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; cover and refrigerate.
- Grease the bottom of two 8-in. square baking dishes. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into prepared dishes. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Fold whipped topping into pudding until blended. Level cake tops if necessary. Place one cake on a serving plate; spread with half of the pudding mixture. Top with pineapple, and the remaining cake and pudding mixture. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in the refrigerator.
Nov 7, 2013
I used 1 package pineapple cake mix. Instead of white or yellow cake mix. Then I used White chocolate pudding mix (instance) . It turned out real good. I was pleased...
Dec 5, 2011
This the best cake!! Its so light and delicious! I use butter recipe cake and I decreased the amount of cool whip so that the pudding flavor would be stronger. Its a must have!