This cake has been a family favorite ever since my mom received the recipe from a neighbor. My husband's co-workers ask him to bring this cake for his birthday treat every year! —Teresa Marchese, New Berlin, Wisconsin
Recommended: Sweet Treats with Bacon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white or yellow cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; cover and refrigerate.
- Grease the bottom of two 8-in. square baking pans. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Fold whipped topping into pudding until blended. Level cake tops if necessary. Place one cake on a serving plate; spread with half of the pudding mixture. Top with pineapple, and the remaining cake and pudding mixture. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Yum-Yum Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p72
Reviews forYum-Yum Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review