Yuletide Banana Bread
Rich but relatively fuss-free, this is no ordinary banana loaf! I fill my quick bread with macadamia nuts, raisins and coconut to create a memorable treat. —Regina Albright, Southaven, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 1 cup whole macadamia nuts, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a food processor or blender, process 1/2 cup macadamia nuts until ground; set aside. Chop remaining nuts; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and ground nuts; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in bananas, raisins, coconut and chopped nuts
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 252 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Yuletide Banana Bread in Country Woman November/December 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.