Yogurt Honey Fruit Bowl
On our farm, husband, Loren, and I have visitors year-round. We enjoy sharing this delicious and nutritious dish with friends and family at breakfast. —Margaret Matzke, Good Thunder, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 cups chopped mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup granola without raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and salt. Blend in honey and lemon juice; cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir another 2 minutes. Gradually stir half of the hot mixture into the egg yolk; return all to the saucepan and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; blend in yogurt. Cool completely.
- Fold in whipped topping. Layer a fourth of the fruit, yogurt mixture, nuts and granola in a serving bowl. Repeat layers, ending with granola. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 248 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Yogurt Honey Fruit Bowl in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook