Yogurt Honey Fruit Bowl
On our farm, husband, Loren, and I have visitors year-round. We enjoy sharing this delicious and nutritious dish with friends and family at breakfast. —Margaret Matzke, Good Thunder, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 cups chopped mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup granola without raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and salt. Blend in honey and lemon juice; cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir another 2 minutes. Gradually stir half of the hot mixture into the egg yolk; return all to the saucepan and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; blend in yogurt. Cool completely.
- Fold in whipped topping. Layer a fourth of the fruit, yogurt mixture, nuts and granola in a serving bowl. Repeat layers, ending with granola. Refrigerate.