Yogurt-Filled Chocolate Cauldrons
Cute chocolate "cauldrons" hold a cool, creamy orange-flavored yogurt in this recipe. The unfilled cups can be made days in advance and stored at room temperature.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 drop green paste food coloring
- 1 drop orange paste food coloring
- 6 orange or green candy sticks
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Using a pastry brush, brush the inside of six paper or foil muffin cup liners with melted chocolate mixture. Chill until set, about 25 minutes. Add a second coat of chocolate; chill until set. Carefully remove and discard paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, orange juice concentrate and zest. Combine 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture and green food coloring. Mix remaining yogurt mixture and orange coloring; spoon into cauldrons. Drop 1/2 teaspoon green yogurt onto each; swirl with a candy stick.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 617 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 126g carbohydrate (112g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Cauldron's in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2009