- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 16-20 minutes. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forYogurt Corn Bread
"Love this cornbread! I've been looking for a moist recipe and this is it. I will search no more. By the way I think the 425 temperature should be fine. I did set my oven to 400 and it was just right."
"I've been making this recipe for a long time - actually wont make any other. No alterations and it is perfect - moist and right flavor that lets the cornmeal shine. I think the yogurt, thick Greek with-fat, is the trick. I've made it with no fat Greek yogurt, too, but we aren't on that bandwagon any longer. I've never had an issue with the suggested bake temperature."
"425F is way too much - your cornbread will burn on the outside before it gets cooked, and that's exactly what happened to mine. The other recipe on this site for "Country corn bread" calls for 375F and has about the same ingredients. No reason why it shouldn't work here."
"This is my favorite cornbread recipe! My husband who usually doesn't like cornbread loves this one :-) I typically increase the amount of honey because I like mine sweet - 1/4 cup does it for me."
"I made this and really like it. I like my cornbread thicker though so i baked it in a loaf pan."
"I look forward to making this corn bread again."
"I loved this corn bread recipe. I did only use 2 TBSP. of oil and it turned out perfect."
"This is very unique cornbread. We enjoyed it."