Yo Potato Burgers
Take one all-American patty and load it up Idaho-style with Kettle-style potato chips and onion dip.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 potato hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Kettle-cooked potato chips
- Sour cream onion dip
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your thumb. Brush both sides of patties with oil.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with toppings.
Originally published as Chip & Dip Burger in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.